Monday, August 22, 2011

Home by Novogratz

Have you been watching Home by Novogratz on HGTV? In case you haven't, it's about a husband/wife interior design team (Cortney and Robert Novogratz). They used to have a show on Bravo that also included their family life. (They have seven kids.) But on their HGTV show, it centers around one space design per episode. You should definitely tune in and get inspired. (HGTV doesn't even pay me to say that.)
They create some very "out of the box" designs. Their work is trendy, fun, and very unique. Here are a few of my favorite designs.
I am in love with these stairs that they designed for a family/play room space. (When my hubs saw this picture he asked, "What's the deal with the writing on the stairs?" Duh, it's fabulous, that's what!)
Speaking of stairs, I am dying over these. Do you think they wear well, though? Beautiful, regardless.

On the last episode, they designed this space for a trendy couple who's design style was industrial/cozy. They mixed industrial pieces with very traditional pieces and very over the top chandeliers. My favorite part was the chalkboard paint ceilings and the black and white wallpaper in the bedroom.
And, my last fave is their photo collage wallpaper. Totally cool.
all images from HGTV

4 comments:

  1. Totally cool! I saw both of those episodes with the painted stairs and asked myself the same thing- "Do you think they wear well?" I love them too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the stairs at the magic house? THey are my favorite! Here is a (bad) picture I think is the magic house, if it's not, it is very similar:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/96844045/

    -Karma

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Karma, yes, I've seen them--so cool! I totally want to do something cool to my stairs, but alas, we're renting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gracious, those pink and blue painted stairs look amazing! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.