Monday, August 13, 2012

Bamboo Shades. Love. Them.

I have really been loving bamboo shades for quite some time now. Of course, it would make no sense to get too serious about them since we're moving...and renting...and will probably rent again. I'll just blog about them instead and hope that these pictures will inspire someone. That someone could then buy said shades, and I can just live vicariously through him/her. If you're not convinced, here's why you should love them: 

The naturalness.  I think that every room should have something from nature or something that looks like it could be from nature (i.e. rocks, sticks, coral, bamboo, flowers, etc.) 

The texture. Adding different textures to a room makes the room feel collected, warm, and gives the space personality.

And lastly...well, there's really no competition between these and the standard white mini-blinds that currently adorn my windows. Are you convinced? I want them even more than I did before I wrote this post. Man, I'm convincing.
image from Coastal Living
image from Coastal Living
image from Houzz

1 comment:

  1. I have a love-hate relationship with our bamboo shades. I love them because they look so great and are much easier to clean than mini-blinds. But, at night you can see right through ours and I hate that they don't offer a lot of privacy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.