Thursday, August 2, 2012

[so cheap, so easy]: Polka Dot Painted Pillows

I've painted a rug and curtains, so why not pillows? I'm not going to lie. After all of my stress about pillows, I kind of didn't want these to work, so that I could be done with it. But, they did, and I'm so glad! I kind of like them. Sorry I didn't take pictures along the way, but I seriously don't have the patience for paint to dry let alone, to stop along the way and take pics. But, it's pretty much self-explanatory, so don't you worry your pretty little heads, mmmkay?! 

I used a heavier white fabric and cut my fabric to size allowing for at least 5/8" seams...because that's what the momma told me to do. (These pillows are 20 inches.) I taped down my fabric (just like I did with the curtains.) I used adhesive paper and a circle punch to make the dots and then stuck them on the pillow. I then rolled the green paint over the entire pillow making sure to be generous with the paint as it will seep into the fabric. The last step, which is the best step of all, is to remove the adhesive dots. Wah lah...custom fabric! I will say, that these are not silky, soft take-a-nap on pillows. The paint tends to be a bit stiff, which isn't an issue at my house, because we don't lay on "fancy" pillows! In fact, I kind of think I want to make some custom painted fancy pillows for my living room! Hmmmm, the possibilities are endless!


1 comment:

  1. These are so fun! I've been looking for polka dot fabric... Don't know why I didn't think of paint?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.