Monday, August 19, 2013

Naked Floors

Naked floors: what are your thoughts? I am typically a rug girl every time. I love the way a rug adds texture and defines a space, BUT the natural fiber rug I had in my living before is the wrong size here. It just doesn't work. Normally, this would be a good excuse to buy a new rug, but we might only be here for a year, and who knows what I'll want next?!  So...rather than buy a square rug that would better fit into the space, I think I'm just going to enjoy the floors...the bare, naked floors. After all, if you remember correctly, I had to have this place for the fabulous floors wonderful Mr. Hubs did give up an extra garage space for the great floors. I might as well enjoy them. Every bit of them.
image from Marion Alberge
image from Ty Larkins
image from iVillage

1 comment:

  1. We’ve got hardwood upstairs that spans the kitchen, living room & dining room. The problem is that all three spaces are only separated by a foot or two at the most. So having rugs in each space is just awkward. In the end I settled on keeping the floors naked underneath the kitchen table. The bonus? It’s MUCH easier to clean up the inevitable toddler mess at each mealtime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.