Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dressing Your House for Fall via Living Savvy

In case you missed my tips for dressing your house for fall, here they are. Check out the rest of Tiffany's series over at Living Savvy -- lots of great bloggers, lots of great tips, and lots of fall goodness.

one | Bring elements of the outside in. I love implementing nature into my decor, and fall provides tons of (free) resources. Try using leaves, pinecones, pumpkins, or branches into your home decor or table settings.  

two | Personalize items to add sophistication and a sense of individuality. I love a good monogram or a personalized place card any time of year!

three | Add layers. Layers provide personality and warmth to a space (or table setting in this case).  Layers are a good way to add color, texture, and character.

four | Light some candles. Candlelight not only adds dramatic lighting, but also makes a space feel intimate and warm. 

five | Don't be afraid of color.  Any color. Don't feel like you have to stick to a certain color palette for fall or the holidays. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors, I am having such a blue moment right now. Maybe I'll try the leaves again this year. They look so gorgeous outdoors but in the past when I've tried to decorate with them, they end up looking weird. I have no idea what I've been doing wrong. Not giving up though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.