Tuesday, December 17, 2013

[so cheap, so easy]: Christmas Poster Hanging

First of all, I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm sorry for the crappy pictures. I'll just blame it on the poor lighting…and the fact that I'm not a good photographer, but whatever. You win some, you lose some, right?! 

Anyway, this little project came about, because, well, basically, I'm kind of cheap when it comes to holiday decor. There are just too many other things on my list…things that will stay up for more than a month. I have a big wall in my living room that is just waiting for something fabulous, BUT, in the meantime, it is a good place to hang this amazing poster by Caravan Shoppe. The download (which is four prints) was $5, then I paid $9 to print it (36x48). (You can print it for $7 at Staples, but I just happened to be closer to a Kinkos.) I bought one inch dowels at around $4 each and shortened them by just a few inches. I then hot glued the poster to the dowels and rolled it around once on the top and the bottom. I then added jute twine to hang it. It should be easy to store by just rolling it up, but even if it tears, it will only be $7-$9 to print out.  Anywho, it's a good addition to my fake red presents and rain boots that are just there posing for pictures until it snows again. Ew, snow.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so adorable! I love that the poster has that chalkboard like look to it - so cute!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you shared this. If you didn't I was going to message you and ask about it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!!! Crappy? These photos look great.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love simple projects like this. I do have one question...how do you keep the kid out of the fake presents? Even mty four year old would be shaking them and playing with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.