Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gallery Walls: Keep it Inside the Lines

Feeling a little more adventurous than same shape, same size? Use different sizes of frames, but keep the perimeter a square or rectangle. The best way to do this, is to lay your frames out on the floor. Put your gallery together--just like a puzzle! Tip: When hanging any picture, I like to cut out paper in the same shape/size as the frame. I then tape that on the wall to see it in its entirety. This is especially helpful when hanging multiple pieces like a gallery wall. It's also helpful when you're not sure if you want to commit to hanging something. Obviously, I have no problem with committing--ask my husband about the tons of holes in our walls! Actually, don't ask him.
image from Pottery Barn

image from West Elm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.