Thursday, August 9, 2012

[so cheap, so easy]: Striped Hooks

I'm not joking around when I say so cheap, so easy. This project was about $10 (depending on what you already have). I already had the stain and paint. The hooks were the most expensive part coming in at two for $3, and the wood was $6 for 1x6x4. I had it cut to 18 inches. I stained the entire thing, taped the lines using one inch tape, and painted the white stripes. I then sanded the entire thing with a coarse sand paper. Add your hooks, and you're done! Now, what to do with the extra 30 inches of wood... 

4 comments:

  1. i love that!!!! we could only get one hook in our bathroom on an anchor. i think i might redo it and use this idea. as long as we have it hung by one anchor for one of the holes it should work, right? how did you hang it? i think the only thing i need to get would be the wood. i already have a ton of hooks. love the stripes. i am a sucker for stripes and polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stripes, too. I think it may be an addiction! Jeremy hung it up using two hooks (one on each side). Maybe if you make it a little bit longer, you can find two studs to secure it?

      Delete
    2. one more question, what stain did you use? i like the light almost aged look of it. i have a few other projects i want to use a stain for but want that restoration hardware look.

      Delete
    3. Minwax Wood Finish in Jacobean. It's what I use to put over the top of paint, too. I just bought an 8 oz can two years ago, and I haven't even used half of it yet.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.