Wednesday, January 22, 2014

[color kreyv]: Radiant Orchid

Pantone has named radiant orchid as 2014's color of the year. Radiant orchid is kind of an amped up purplish pink. You know, like an orchid, but radiant…(such a genius statement). I am not going to lie. Purple is not a shade I am usually drawn to. For some reason, it's just not on my radar. I like it, I just kind of forget about it. (Who forgets about a color like purple?) Radiant orchid works for me, because it's got some pink in it, and I think it would be super unexpected and chic in small doses. Anyway, since I'm doing such a fantastic job of articulating my relationship with purple, let's just look at these pretty pictures, mmmkay? Radiant orchid: yay or nay?
image source unknown
image from Project Nursery
image from Apartment Therapy

11 comments:

  1. Hahaha Reasons I love reading your blog...always SO intellectual, and well spoken. ;-) Seriously though, I love that you're so personable and not trying to be something you're not.
    Have you seen the radiant orchid colored Freshly Picked Moccs for girls that are coming soon? Probably the only radiant orchid thing that I'm really excited for.
    XO - Samantha
    www.playdatesandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaay! i love the bedding. i'm a purple-pink girl. maybe not the walls though. hahaha
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey on small doses for me, like you, not much into purple hues even on my clothes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love a jewel tone. and those striped ceilings are pretty fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it in the first room, with the rug. And actually all these rooms look great. I don't think I'll ever use it in my house though; purple has never been my favorite shade for anything. Although I know there's some super fashionistas that use it and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my room was a darker shade of that yearrrrs ago when my purple obsessed sister and i shared it and it was a little too much for me. but it is pretty as an accent color against the white!
    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color...but like you , think it’s best in small doses. That said, I wouldn't have a problem wearing a maxi dress in that color! I just don’t want a whole room full of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small doses for sure, but very pretty nonetheless! My old house was a tiny beach cottage. The décor was mainly white, but I used purple and green to accent and it was very fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the accent on the ceiling!!! I just did this color of grey in the rooms and bathroom!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.