Thursday, July 17, 2014

Simple Styling

Remember this post--a how-to on how to create a vignette? In case you forgot, or in case you really don't read this blog and just look at the pictures, here it is again: When creating a vignette, the easiest way to do it is to remember the tall, medium, short, layer, layer, layer rule. If you just look at the pictures, I realize you will miss this again. BUT for everyone else, start your vignettes with three items: one tall, one medium, one short, then add other elements to add depth, character, and texture. Check out the below pics for inspiration and style away!
image from Stylizimo
image source unknown
image from Savvy Southern Style

4 comments:

  1. So true, I try to follow this rule too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layering really does make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that post...and somehow I still can't get vignettes quite right. Perhaps someday I'll get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.