Wednesday, May 16, 2012

[color kreyv]: Yellow

I prefer (and love) yellow in small doses, now that I'm over the age of seven (see my about me page for explanation). If it's just added here and there, I feel like I don't have to be as careful about the shade of yellow. When painting an entire room; however, the perfect shade is a must. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. Yes, I painted an entire room pale yellow only to cover it up the next day...never found that perfect shade! I have seen homes with yellow done right, mine just wasn't one of them!

I'm thinking of adding some yellow to Stella's new room, since I already have her yellow lampshade.  Tonight is her first night in her big girl bed. I've already checked on her about 10 times. She keeps telling me that it's time to go to night night. In other words, "Get out of here, Mom. I'm trying to sleep." She is growing up way too fast. I may or may not have cried when I was taking down her crib...and now, I may or may not be on the verge of tears.  Again. My only consolation is that I will get to redo her room. That helps. A little bit.
image from Caitlin Creer
image from Apartment Therapy
image from Wish!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.