Monday, September 27, 2010

Symmetry, a Word After My Own Heart

sym-me-try: an imprecise sense of harmonious or aesthetically pleasing proportionality and balance; such that it reflects beauty or perfection

Perhaps it's a reflection of my OCD tendencies, but I just love a symmetrical room (at least for the bones of the room). It's not that I dislike rooms that are not symmetrical--I can be crazy, but something about symmetry just catches my eye. It says structure, order, and I'm serious--but not too serious. And, by the way, I am dying over the green chairs in the first picture. Even though, I am only getting a glimpse, I can just tell that they are fabulous. Love!
image from Chicago Home Magazine
image from House and Home
image from Thom Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.