Friday, November 12, 2010

Mom's Bathroom

Before I flew out to Utah, I had decided that I would tackle my mom's guest bathroom during my stay. It was about the only room we hadn't touched, and it really needed some TLC. Now, in defense of the bathroom, it's poor walls were last painted by my younger brother who was probably 14 or 15 at the time. The color was rather loud, if you will, so I decided to go for something a little more subtle and calming. I chose my favorite: Restoration Hardware's silver sage for the job. Put your sunglasses on for the before:


before


after


after

I wanted the look to be very streamlined and simple with a bit of whimsy, since it is the bathroom that the grandkids use. I think kids' bathrooms and rooms can still be "kids rooms" without being too themey. (I'm sure that's not a word!) We found the mirror for under $70 and even got a discount for a few minor scratches. My mom already had the frames over the toilet, and I just added some stripes and polka dots for whimsy along with the chair that I added stripes to. I was going to paint it solid green, but I ran out of time (maybe next time). We picked up the hooks for $5 each. I am very happy with the end result. I still need to add a few things here and there, but with limited time and resources, I'm happy for now!

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.