Thursday, June 9, 2011

[so cheap, so easy]: Adding Nailhead Trim

I'm just going to put this out there, right off the bat: please squint when you look at these pictures. I can neither draw a straight line, cut in a straight line, nor trim with nailhead in a straight line. In my defense, Stella was rushing me. I really didn't want her help, but she kept insisting. I say, good enough for who it's for, right?

I wanted to add a little somethin' somethin' to these chairs. A box of 25 furniture nails will run you a whopping $1.25. I used about three boxes of the smooth nickel finish on two chairs. They are a little tricky, because they are so short, but they are easy to move around once you get them in the furniture. If you wanted to be really accurate, you could measure and plot dots with a Sharpie to place the nails. I'm not accurate, and who knows...I might some day decide to remove the trim.

Besides a fingernail or two, I really had nothing to lose! (I actually finished the project, with no injuries, in less than an hour. Plus, there were no small children harmed. That's always a bonus.)
the before:
the after:

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.