Wednesday, September 28, 2011

[color kreyv]: Chocolate Brown

I saw this first image today on one of my new reads, Design Chic, and I just knew I had to feature brown in my [color kreyv] series. It's not just any brown, it's chocolate brown.  Who doesn't love chocolate--besides weird people? (Okay, if you don't like chocolate, you're not weird. That was probably a little harsh. You're just...really different, that's all.) As for me, who is admittedly a little off, I do love chocolate, and I love the color of these walls. I think the key is pairing it with white to really make it pop. 

Even though I love it, I could never have this color in my house. If I was reminded of chocolate every time I looked in my room, I would weigh 627 pounds, because we all know, I have no self-control when it comes to sweets. Being reminded of chocolate that often is just looking for trouble, if you ask me. I could really go for a Twix right about now.
image from Phoebe Howard Design
image from Country Living
image from Jeffrey Bilhuber

2 comments:

  1. I love chocolate anything, including chocolate painted walls. I had my great room painted in a chocolate brown last winter and I love the way it warms up the large, 2 story space. I am finding it a bit of a challenge to choose accent colors though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh...I love chocolate! These rooms are definitely candy for the eye! You are inspiring me to break out my paint brush!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.