Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where in the World?

I am loving all of the map decor I am seeing. You know, it really might do me some good to have some of this in my home. I shouldn't admit this, but I don't know where anything is anymore. It's like I had to take the "End of the World Test" (identifying every country in the world)at the end of freshman year, and then I never needed to know it again. Don't get me wrong, I usually know the continent the country is located in, but that's about it. Totally embarrassing. I blame it on my lack of traveling. Yes, that is why I am geographically challenged. I need to go on more vacations, and no, as exotic as it is, Salt Lake City, Utah does not count.
image from Country Living

image from New England Prepster
image from Ohdeedoh

image from Rosebud's Cottage via Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I love map art, too! I just saw one on pinterest that had all the fantasy places (never never land , etc.)on a map...Very cute for a kids room. Though perhaps less educational! :)

    As far as geography, this is a totally addictive way to freshen up on that: http://www.geosense.net/ Speed and accuracy both matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the late '80's my in-laws built a vacation home in Northern Michigan and my MIL had a colorful map of the area framed to hang in one of the hallways. That was the first time I ever saw that done. It's really an inexpensive form of wall art.

    Thanks for helping me celebrate my SITS day yesterday. It was so much fun discovering new blogs and hearing from so many people-your blog isn't new to me, but I was still happy to see your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.