Wednesday, October 19, 2011

[color kreyv]: Chartreuse

I'm just going to throw this out there and get it over with.  I got the idea for this week's [color kreyv] from Blue's Clues. That's right, Blue's Clues.  I know you were thinking I was all sophisticated and cultured, but when you spend your days with a two year old, Elmo, DJ Lance, and Blue, you take what you can get. (Obviously, I'm not opposed to Stella watching a show here and there. What can I say? Elmo doesn't charge me anything to babysit Stella while I'm in the shower or cooking dinner!)

Did you know that chartreuse (the color between green and yellow) was named because of its resemblance to one of the French liqueurs named green chartreuse? Now who's cultured? I definitely didn't get that info from Blue...I got it from Wikipedia. Who do I think I'm fooling, anyway?!
image from Decor Pad
image from Domino
image from The Want Monster

4 comments:

  1. I really like chartreuse paired with black and white.So, the top dining room pic is my fave!The color scheme offers up...energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just painted my kitchen chairs this color with a dark stain on the top and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading once that chartreuse is a color that you can add to almost any color scheme and it will work. It's perfect for any season too making it a great choice for a large scale piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie I totally laughed when I saw this post.... because I always thought chartreuse was a purple shade! oops. Thanks for clearing this up for me =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.