Tuesday, January 24, 2012

King Me

Let me ask you a question. Why is it than when you're dating, you can spend hours watching movies on a teeny, tiny couch, spooning for hours on a space that's not even comfortable enough for one person, let alone two? (Yes, I said spooning. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.)  And, why is it that once you're married, your queen size bed, which is WAY bigger, WAY more comfortable and actually made for sleeping, suddenly becomes WAY too small? Is it just me? I get so claustrophobic, and when I'm ready to shut my eyes and go to sleep, I mean business--as in you better not cross "the line" business. You know, the imaginary line that divides the middle of the bed, kind of like the line in the backseat of the car that divides you and your sibling? Yes, I'm that grown up. It gets worse, though, because, you see, we never agree on where "the line" is. Jeremy thinks the line is determined by mass, meaning he would get more of the bed, two thirds according to him. I, of course, disagree. Solution? We're either gonna have to go Lucy and Ricky style, or we're gonna have to get a king. And while you all know how much I love a room with two twin beds, well, that's just not right. King it is.
image source unknown
image from HGTV 
image from New Bed Headboards Design

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh you HAVE to get a king....we made sure that our first and only size of bed was a king, and you seriously don't even touch each other! It's wonderful ha ha ha ha Don't get me wrong, i love a good spooning shesh, but it's so nice to have your own space without someone else's body heat by you all night! i sound like a terrible wife right now i'm afraid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with everything you said. We have a king and there is still the "line" issue. Don't. Touch. Me.

    You could totally make the first or the HGTV headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I just did a post on my beds today too!!! Look luck on the bed hunt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.