Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So Fresh and So Clean Clean

Yes. I just quoted Outkast. That's how I roll, yo. Actually, I've been channeling Nelly tonight. (You would probably never guess that I'm a big fan of Nelly. Jeremy and I used to thump it in Jeremy's awesome Sentra.  Ahhh, good times.) So, we ate dinner in University City, which is where Nelly grew up. Which is not ghetto. At all. Which is such the opposite of ghetto.  In other words, Nelly has no street cred. What a poser. Anyway, I've gotten off track a bit.  Back to fresh and clean...

On Saturday, I single handedly put all of the Christmas decorations away--including the Christmas tree.  I was going to leave it for Jeremy, but I couldn't take it any more.  I needed my house back, and now it feels fresh, clean, and uncluttered. Putting the decorations away is not the hard part.  Cramming and lifting the bins back into the teeny, tiny closet is the hard part. But, I did it. I can become freakishly strong when I really want something done. So, the good part is that my house is feeling clean. The bad part is that Jeremy now knows that I can, indeed, lift heavy things and take down the Christmas tree.  Perhaps he'll forget over the next year.
image from Cococozy 
image from Elle Decor
image from Veranda

4 comments:

  1. out with the Christmas tree and in with the spring flowers!! I am so done with winter once the Christmas decorations are put away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These spaces are some great inspiration! I am ripping down my christmas stuff today and I want to start out fresh... thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decorating, but I love more putting it away...such a clean, fresh feeling. Gorgeous images!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! University City can totally be ghetto. You just have to go a few blocks in the right direction away from the Loop. My office was in the ghetto portion. Lots of scary incidents.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.