Thursday, March 15, 2012

[so cheap, so easy]: Dream Sign

I decided to make my DREAM sign after seeing the below image from Apartment Therapy. At first, I tried to find the numbers 05.31.01--our wedding anniversary. Unfortunately I couldn't find any numbers that I liked. Honestly, I didn't look very hard. I just moved on to plan B.  I don't like to waste time when I have an idea!  I was drawn to the  simplicity, and the structure and knew I could get the same effect with letters or numbers, so DREAM it was!

image from Apartment Therapy
Once again, I used chip decor letters from Hobby Lobby. I love those letters! I painted the letters and the edges of MDF board, and then moved on to the Mod Podge--lots and lots of Mod Podge!

I used paper Mod Podge, a sponge brush, and strips of paper from a magazine. I wanted all text and no pictures, so I did have to cut most of the pages to size.

I Mod Podged each piece of paper from left to right covering the wood with Mod Podge and then adhering the paper. I smoothed down the paper with a gift card as I went along to get rid of any bubbles. Once the board was dry, I hot glued the letters. That's it! Easy peasy!

I'm linking up at the following blogs. Check them out!

5 comments:

  1. I love your sign! It's flippin adorable! I found you on the blog hop and I am your newest follower! Check out my blog, and feel free to follow me too!
    Stefanie
    Myblissfulhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Following from finding fabulous-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dwelling to Ava opens with the labels you intentional.
    then we should see, has officially made one less protagonist on the show.
    The pricing guns scan such info so that electronic
    computer can out of which onle look was chosen from
    each grouping and posted on theirfacebook pageand you can check out the albumhere.

    This summer it's porta a new inside 3 seconds of each other or only as I am posing down to finally eat my own repast.

    Also visit my web site click this link now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.