Wednesday, April 11, 2012

[color kreyv]: Indigo

Do you remember Rainbow Brite and all of her friends? Do you remember Indigo? I always thought she was the prettiest one. I loved the color of her hair and skin, and especially the color of her clothes. And, let's be honest, these pictures with indigo are not too shabby, either. But back to memory lane...

I had every single Rainbow Brite doll (Rainbow Brite, Red Butler, Lala Orange, Canary Yellow, Patty O'Green, Buddy Blue, Shy Violet, and Indigo). And her horse. And her house. They were in perfect condition, just like all of the rest of my toys. It's true. I have had OCD since I was little. I had lots of toys, all in perfect condition, and I always had the complete set. When I was too old for all of my toys, I boxed them up and stored them for years...until I had the bright idea of selling them at a yard sale to earn money for my cheerleading uniforms. 

I'm sure my mom would have just paid for my uniforms, and she would have loved to pay for my uniforms rather than see me sell my toys. But I wanted to earn the money myself, blah, blah, blah...dumb teenager trying to earn money when I had parents to pay for everything. What was I thinking?! Anyway, I'm sure whomever bought my toys laughed out loud when they got to their car with my perfect toys that they practically got for free. And, if by some chance that person reads this blog, you're welcome. And, to my mom: I'm sorry to bring this up again. I know it makes you cringe just thinking about it.
image from Nina Jizhar of Swanky Swell via Decor Pad
image from Jean Allsop via Decor Pad
image from Tobi Fairley

2 comments:

  1. I love everything indigo these days. If you search for "indigo art" on Etsy you can find some really great, affordable pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Rainbow Brite...I can't believe you know all their names...that's impressive =) I love the way you just made that post about Indigo so fun! Smiling...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.