Monday, May 13, 2013

Baby Girl Nursery | Sydney

I hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day. Mine was wonderful. Being a mommy is just the best gig ever and having a day of breakfast in bed, gifts, a dinner AND chocolate chip cookies made by my man is pretty awesome, too! I can't complain--I'm one lucky girl!

I created this design board for a client expecting a baby girl.  We kept the room, linens, and furniture neutral and added in some major pops and pattern with the rug, pillows, and the chair...oh that chair! To. Die. For. It was important to the client to have a space that allowed for some growing up. This room could easily go from nursery to little girl just by switching out the crib for a bed. 

I personally love to design with a neutral base and add my pops through less-permanent pieces, because even though I may pretend that I will keep the room the same for a while, well, it's just not true. I will change things out, and this way, I can do so more easily. In other words, it's less obvious to the Hubs if I'm just changing out accessories rather than furniture and paint! If you would like more information about my design services, go here.

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable! Your mother's day sounds perfect too, happy late mother's day!!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.