Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Not Your Grandma's Gingham

I never, in a million years, would have thought that I would go for gingham. I mean, really...gingham? I don't think I've ever liked it, even when it was "in." But this, this is not your grandma's gingham. This is modern, edgy, and bold. And, I love the idea of the large black gingham (aka buffalo check) in a man cave, which, contrary to popular belief (aka Jeremy's), will be a room completely decorated by me, but in masculine tones.  I love the Hubs, but I'm not crazy enough to let him decorate a room. I'm almost sure it would be adorned with...well, I don't even want to think about it, but I'm pretty positive it wouldn't include gingham.
image from Style Estate
image from Jeffrey Bilhuber via Elle Decor
image from Prue Ruscoe

2 comments:

  1. I'd allow gingham in my man cave. So long as it didn't interfere with my dream decor: 70s hip, with USFL memorabilia featured. That's not gauche, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The fact that you used the word guache negates any tackiness that may be involved in your dream decor! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.