Monday, October 21, 2013

All About the Accessories

Accessorizing or styling a home is definitely the bringing-it-altogether component of a room. Styling is what gives character, personality, quirk, and depth to a space. It takes a space to the next level. Unfortunately, styling is what scares a lot of people or at least leaves them at a stand still. Clients often tell me that they have a hard time bringing a room together. The good news? There's nothing to be scared of. Chances are, you have a lot of items around your house that you could use. The more random and unique, the better! Here are a few quick tips when styling:

1 | Choose items that represent you, have meaning, or that you love.

2 | Remember the tall, medium, short, layer, layer, layer rule. Check out this post for more deets.

3 | Take your time. This is the hardest one for me. I have a tendency to want to hurry and "finish" a room. But, at the same time, I want to love the items in it. Don't buy items to fill a space, buy items to make a space represent you and your aesthetic.
image source unknown
image from Frog Goes to Market
image from Style at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.