Tuesday, January 7, 2014

[so cheap, so easy]: Jute Twine Art

For those of you who missed my guest post at UCreate, today is your lucky day, cause it's back, baby!  My jute twine art is cheap and easy aaand super chic! I hope you like it!
Here's what you'll need:
-  Frames (I used these frames from Ikea, but anything with a mat will work.)
-  Jute Twine
-  Tape (I used painter's tape, because it can be removed easily from the mat if needed, but any strong tape will work.)
-  Poster Board for Background
-  Paint for Background (I used Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage.)
-  Paintbrush

Now for the whopper of a tutorial: 
one) paint your poster board, and cut it to size; two) tape the twine to the back of the mat in the pattern of your choice; three) assemble your frame, and hang it up! Yup, that's it. When I said easy, I wasn't joking.




9 comments:

  1. Genius Jamie!!! love the organic feel to it, and so simple!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out fabulous and so easy to customize! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I'm envisioning gold painted twine on a black background. :-)
    XO - Samantha
    www.playdatesandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cool and easy to make. I have lots of it, because I just wrapped some packages with them.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still very chic...I love jute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Jamie! Inexpensive and easy, but what a punch! I love projects like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I LOVE This!! I'm all about clean and modern art/designs!!! So creative!
    Kat | www.poshbykat.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy, inexpensive and nice to look at! I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why have I not thought of this before? Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.