Thursday, December 9, 2010

Defining Spaces: Entries

image from Little Green Notebook

image from House of Turquoise

I love a well-defined entry. It's the first thing one sees when he or she enters your home. It sets the tone for the entire space. A lot of us, however, don't have the luxury of having a formal entry way. That's when you must define the space. Be creative. Think of what you need the space to function as, and go from there. Add a bench, a console, or even a small dresser--something to set things on (then promptly put them away)!

When creating an entry, I do like to provide function. (I know, shocking coming from me.) Here are my must-haves for a great entry: hooks and/or a coat tree; a bench or some type of seating; a shoe basket (the bigger the better); and, of course, a great rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.