Thursday, March 10, 2011

[so cheap, so easy]: By Melissa Hare

I'm so excited to have Melissa from Hare Styling guest post today! Melissa is beautiful, talented, and has impeccable taste. She has the kind of house that makes you want to go home and change everything about your own--in an inspirational way!I'm very excited to be guest posting for Jamie's [so cheap, so easy] series. I'm an event planner by day and an aspiring interior design blogger by night. I'm obsessed with interior styling and all things design related. I started my blog as a way to archive my collection of magazine clippings and photos of personal projects. Now I love finding new products, photos of beautiful spaces and design ideas to share with my readers. After being inspired by all the talented bloggers out there, I recently began attempting my own projects. I must say, there is something really rewarding about creating something great, for so little. Here are three of my favourite projects. I hope you enjoy!
To make this stylish chalkboard, I used an old frame and a can of chalkboard spray paint. I sprayed the glass with three coats of chalkboard spray and ta-da!

I purchased this chair online for $25.
All it needed was some leftover white paint and new fabric, which I found for $13 a yard.
My newest project is this magazine wall, created by using Ikea Ribba picture ledges ($14.99 each). For under $50, I was able to fill an entire wall in my office with my favourite magazines.

I hope you find inspiration from these cheap and easy projects. Thanks so much to Jamie for asking me to participate.

4 comments:

  1. Clever post with a wonderful girl like Melissa. I am very fond of her blog. She has a great taste! Good luck with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her blog. Good job on the guest hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with that magazine well!! So adorable!! And I love that chair remodel!! Love your blog...you are such a doll...I think I already said that once...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.