Monday, May 9, 2011

Five Must Haves for Entries

I'm going to start saying the word foyer like foy-yay rather than foy-yer. It makes me sound fancy. I should add vozz instead of vase. It will really help me get back to my French roots. (I took one year of French in seventh grade. Would you like me to sing Bon Aniversare et Toi? Let me know.)

My boy, Nate Berkus (yeah, we're pretty much besties...he just doesn't know it), says these are the five must-haves for a welcoming entry.

(1) Use a tray for keys, wallets, etc.
image from The Nate Show
(2) Add a lamp or chandelier
image from Domino
(3) Use mirrors to create a "window" in a dark entry
image from Decor Pad
(4) Use a console table
image from Decor Pad
(5) Choose a natural fiber rug for durability
image from Apt Dweller

1 comment:

  1. My three year old would probably move many of those accessories. I love the natural fiber rug though.

    Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.