Monday, December 5, 2011

Fireplace Envy

Know what I've never had in my married life?  A fireplace. Know what I want? A fireplace.  It's starting to get cold in St. Louis,  and nothing beats a toasty fire in the wintertime.  You see, I'm kind of a wimp in the cold...well, to be honest, I'm a wimp in the heat, too, but that's besides the point.  Nobody knows this better than my hubs. This is what Jeremy's response was one time when asked if I was invited to the Packer game:

"Jamie doesn't get invited to outdoor sporting events due to her low tolerance for "extreme" conditions.  Extreme meaning slight breezes which may disorganize a hair or 2, high humidity or slight drizzles which have similar effects on her plus some undesired effects on her make-up, and finally, temperatures beyond her comfort range of 75-76 degrees." What can I say?  It's not far from the truth.  BUT, in my defense, I have suffered through five Wisconsin winters and two St. Louis summers.  I think they do more than "disorganize my hair!"

image from HGTV
image from Chic Cam
image source unknown

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first one! I want one now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I know just where to get them!!!! My dad owns a fireplace shop here. They have gas, wood, and even electric ones! I want a fireplace in our house but it's a bit small for the one I want. So we will just have to wait for the next house and then I'll be running to pick out my fireplace then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want a fireplace, I love all the ideas I see on decorating a mantel, unfortunately I don't have one. :( One day I better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it, sister! Guys (especially follicularly challenged ones like your husband)just don't understand what it's like to have your hair blowing around, getting stuck in your lip gloss! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jake says that i'm only comfortable in 70 degrees to 75 degrees. anything above or below i'm not liking. i especially hate the heat. i would take a cold winter by the fire any day. we never had a fireplace until we moved in to our home and i love it. we have yet to get the fire going but i know we will. i just love that i can decorate a mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you ever want to practice decorating a mantel for when you get a fireplace, I'll be happy to let you practice on mine! ;) Mine is usually is either emptyish or full of confiscated toys since I can't seem to make it look like all those magazine mantels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.