Thursday, September 20, 2012

[so cheap, so easy]: West Elm Inspired Frame


I have this frame in my living room. Once upon a time, it was a goldish color. I bought it for the shape and size and then painted it...but only three times, so naturally, it was time to paint it again. 

This is paint job number three. I painted it white and made a faux croc texture. The tutorial is here


I found this West Elm frame on Pinterest (it is no longer sold), and I got to work. I used the seams in the corners as a guide and then used a ruler to draw on the lines with a pencil. I then just free-handed the paint, since the surface was too textured for tape.
image from West Elm via Pinterest
Here's the finished product. I like the color and pattern it adds to the room. Maybe I'll leave it like this for a while. I mean, really, who would paint something five times?!

Linking up at the following:

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how the chevron is back! :)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love it! And it's perfectly normal to paint a frame THREE times ;) Great job! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

    Feel free to visit my web page ... bmi calculator for females

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.