Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings

I came across this post today on the eighteen25 blog. My heart is heavy with sadness for this family. I don't know them at all, but I do know that they desperately need our help. Unfortunately, because of the rarity of Rob's cancer, the family's insurance company considers the treatment experimental and will not cover the cost. I cannot imagine dealing with this disease as well as the enormous financial burden.

I believe it to be morally wrong that an insurance company deems cancer treatments (that board-certified physicians approve of) experimental when they continually pay for care of people who knowingly don't take care of their bodies. It doesn't seem fair. Right or wrong, it is what it is. I know that cancer treatment is extremely expensive. I was so fortunate to have my insurance company cover most of my treatments, but there are many who are not so fortunate and end up in financial devastation. If you are at all able, please donate to this family and spread the word about Rob's story.

Tonight, I will hug my family a little bit tighter, stay down on my knees in prayer a little longer, and thank my Heavenly Father for all He has and continues to bless me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it makes my day! If you have a question, I will answer it in the comments section as soon as I can. You can also email me at jamiejjoyal@gmail.com.